Find the answers to the most frequently asked OEA questions
Frequently Asked Questions
To donate in-kind products or services, please contact OEA at email@example.com or call us at 617-635-9056. We can let you know if your gift matches a current school or departmental need.
- Visit https://externalaffairsbps.org/donate/ and make your online gift.
- To give by check, mail check to:
Boston Public Schools
Attn: Russell Hansen
Office of External Affairs
2300 Washington Street, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02119
Make sure to indicate any designation of your gift on the Memo line.
- BPS can not accept cash gifts via mail.
- To give through other means (wire transfer, stocks, annuities, etc.) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 617-635-9056.
- The Boston Public Schools offers a limited number of school need-based volunteer opportunities on set dates throughout the year, called District Days of Service. Please join the Office of External Affairs mailing list in order to receive additional information about our District Days of Service.
- For all other service projects, we encourage you to reach out to one of the many volunteer mobilization organizations that we partner with closely, including Boston Cares, Boston Partners in Education, Building Impact, or the United Way.
For more information, visit https://www.bostonpublicschools.org/Page/2209
The BPS Street Team, comprised of 15 BPS high school students, functions as a paid Marketing & Community Engagement Fellowship housed out of the Boston Public Schools, Office of External Affairs (OEA). Team members work with OEA to test and promote new products and initiatives.
To join the BPS Street Team please complete the application here.
Visit the BPS Current Grant Opportunities document. You can also find options through search engines, databases, and OEA toolkits.
No. Due to volume, OEA staff is not able to write a grant for you. We are happy to provide you with guides, templates, and workshops to help you write your own grant. We can also provide referrals to professional grant writers you can hire.
- Work with BPS Office of Federal and State Grants or BEDF to ensure that the grant is being spent down in the proper manner.
- The BPS Office of Data and Accountability can help provide metrics for reporting.
As the birthplace of public education in this nation, the Boston Public Schools is committed to transforming the lives of all children through exemplary teaching in a world-class system of innovative, welcoming schools. We partner with the community, families, and students to develop in every learner the knowledge, skill, and character to excel in college, career, and life.